Tuesday, October 12, 2010

The final product

Today we made the videos. (See my video bar for finished products)

WOW.

What an amazing feeling to see these kids so proud of the work they've done. I used a flip camera, which was AMAZING! Immediate editing, title screen and credits! I was able to edit, post and upload in 5 minutes!

Of course I had the kids all sign district video release forms, so I was legit with the legal-ness (I know that's not a word, but it's late, and even English teachers like to use horrible grammar every once in a while). Tomorrow I'll make a potpourri video of those who are turning in their release forms late. I don't want to leave anyone out. I only had a couple kids whose parents didn't want them to do the video - no problem. They still did the assignment.

Today I had them write the answer to two questions correlating with the project: "Why did you choose your sentence?" and "How do you plan on achieving your sentence?"

I told them all today that I learned a whole lot.

From them.

I am really fleshing out the whole idea that I have to learn from the students to be a better teacher.

And I'm growing.

Every.

Single.

Day.

Woot.

1 comment: